June 6, 2008

Snark for Lanny Davis

You all know Lanny Davis, that unctuous little weasel whom HRC anointed as one of her TV avatars. Mark Cooper finds him particularly repulsive, and wrote a snarky ave atque vale, or "hail and farewell."

The obvious pun popped to mind, and I offered my contribution, which I immortalize in these bytes and pixels:




Lanny Boy, is CNN still calling?
From tow’r to tow’r, and up the aetherside?
The spring is gone, forsythia’s not blooming.
It’s you, it’s you, must go while Barack bides.

But come ye back, in sunshine or in shadow,
Or when the valley’s hushed and white with snow,
It’s I’ll be here, your arse to kick to Glasgow,
O Lanny Boy, O Lanny Boy, I’d love that so.

And if I fall, as all the leaves are falling,
And I am dead, as dead I well may be.
You’ll come and find the place where I am lying,
My ghost will kick yer arse to Tipperary.

2 comments:

Frank Partisan said...

if you read Louis Proyect's blog, you'll find Marc Cooper is no political heavyweight either.

Grumpy Old Man said...

Mark's not a heavyweight, perhaps, but he does some good reporting. As for Louis Proyect, he unearths great movies and his divagations on New York and so on interest me.

It's when he insists on playing the Marxist Glasperlenspiel* that my eyes glaze over. I resigned and left my pieces at the club decades ago, and never looked back.

________
*Glass bead game. See this.