August 24, 2004

Strange, Stuck-up... and Stupid

The prolific Mark Steyn's latest take on the Kerry Vietnam thing:
"I said a couple of weeks back that John Kerry was too strange to be President, and a week or two earlier that he was too stuck-up to be President. Since I'm on an alliterative roll, let me add that he's too stupid to be President. What sort of idiot would make the centrepiece of his presidential campaign four months of proud service in a war he's best known for opposing?

* * * *

"How cocooned from reality do you have to be to think you can transform one of the most divisive periods in American history – in which you were largely responsible for much of the divisiveness – into a sappy, happy-clappy, soft-focus patriotic blur without anybody objecting? Most Vietnam veterans of my acquaintance loathe John Kerry, and, if he wasn't aware of that, he's too out of it to be President."
This story is getting tiresome, even if the likes of Steyn and Hitchens write interestingly about it.

I'd be spending more time on his record and his convictions, if Kerry had either.

Soon -- how I'd go after Kerry if I were a Dem.

No comments: